Applications for admission into our Class of 2020 will open in September, 2018. Space is limited, with several lodging-included slots available on a first-come, first-served basis. Alternative lodging may be found at nearby extended stay rentals. To receive more detailed information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to begin your journey!
- Where: Austin, Texas, U.S.A.
- When: May 26, 2020 (Tue) through July 25, 2020 (Sat).
- Tuition: $8000 Regular.
- Tuition: $7000 Discounted Rate if Fully Paid by December 31, 2019.
- No lodging or meals.
- Applications accepted through March 1, 2020.
- Once your completed application is received, you will be notified within 45-days if you are accepted into the program.
Typical Weekday Training Day (Saturday is only a half-day)
- 1.0 hrs Morning “Homeroom”
- 1.5 hrs Morning yoga class
- 4.0 hrs Afternoon Training Module
- 1.5 hrs Evening yoga class
- 2.0 hrs Evening Training Module
- 2.0 hrs Self-Study (assigned readings and dialogue practice)
Our curriculum hours significantly exceed the requirements of the Original Hot Yoga Association endorsed training standards:
- Posture Lab and Teaching Skills (160 hours)
- Yoga Therapy and Yoga Research (40 hours)
- Yoga Practice (160 hours)
- Functional Anatomy and Physiology (90 hours)
- Philosophy and History (40 hours)
- Personal / Business Development (40 hours)
Unique features of our training include:
- Anatomy & Physiology modules through the first 8 weeks of training, side-by-side with concepts emphasized in the posture series. This provides for maximum retention.
- Sampling of various styles of yoga to provide context and better understanding of Original Hot Yoga.
- Pregnancy yoga, intermediate and advanced sequences, and yoga asana championships.
- Yoga Therapy content from the Ghosh Yoga College of Physical Education in Calcutta, India.
- Yoga Philosophy and History of Yoga and Medicine presented by Scott Lamps and Ida Jo Pajunen, founders of GhoshYoga.org.
- Scientific Research from PURE Action, Inc. (www.PureAction.org), with numerous studies of Original Hot Yoga.
- Personal and professional development, including Mindbody POS “best practices.”